This is always done during a service at a
Volvo Penta authorized workshop
- Checkup of serial number in the Volvo Penta database.
- If your driveline is affected by campaign, this will be carried out.
- If there are production improvements, you will be informed and be provided with a price estimate of the cost.
- For engines with EVC systems, the Vodia diagnosis tool will be connected to the engine’s control system to check the status and possible error codes. At the same time, the software will be updated with the latest version of the existing EVC generation.
- Based on the age of the engine, operating hours and last completed service, components and fluids will be replaced according to Volvo Penta’s service schedule.
- Optical inspection of several components such as hoses, cables, contacts and grommets.
- When replacing components and fluids, genuine Volvo Penta parts will always be used.
- All replacements and checks are documented in a service protocol which will be handed over to you.
- If, in connection with a service, defects are detected that affect the function of the engine and its reliability, we will inform you of these and recommend measures to rectify the defects together with price information.
- As additional security, when you use an authorized workshop, you will be given an extended warranty on the genuine Volvo Penta parts installed by the workshop.
- The warranty will be valid for 24 months or 600 operatng hours depending on which occurs first.